The Everyman Gallery
The Everyman Gallery has rotating displays to provide an opportunity for local lodges, chapters, and individuals to exhibit different items of Masonic historical importance.
The Everyman Gallery contains Masonic gavels, historic records, working tools, Order of the Eastern Star memorabilia, and various Masonic Aprons.
Protecting the Charter
Benjamin Franklin Lodge No. 642 inscribed the names of its Worshipful Masters from its lodge from its charter year in 1916 until 1932 onto the charter’s protective case.
The apron on display is handmade of Nipa, a form of straw woven by hand into cloth. It was given to Brother Welch for helping to re-establish a lodge in the Philippines previously destroyed by the Japanese during World War II.
Tribute with Crown and Sceptre
This crown was donated to Grandview Chapter #365 by Miss Mary Jane Truman in 1933 when she served as Grand Esther of the Grand Chapter of Missouri. Mary Jane Truman also served as Worthy Grand Matron of the Grand Chapter of Missouri of the Easter Star 1950-1951.
On display is the Masonic Patent issued by the Grand Lodge of Scotland on Oct. 8, 1885 to William Stewart, a Master Mason in St. Andrew Lodge No. 465, Glasgow, Scotland. The Masonic Patent provides proof of membership affording the Mason full rights and privileges in other jurisdictions.
Receipt & Bye-Laws
This receipt is for dues paid by Brother Stewart to St. Andrew Lodge No. 465, Glasgow, Scotland, on Sept. 3, 1885. Brother Stewart’s copy of the Bye-Laws for St. Andrew’s Lodge No. 465 were printed in 1877.